View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 04:06 PM

Default Re: HDX rig/PT Studio software: will PT see the HD|IO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodydetective View Post
The goal is ultimately to have the Studio plan and sell my hardware. I'd like the hardware to continue to work as a CoreAudio device until I replace the interface, but after that I'm good with the Studio feature set, as I will be using it to open old sessions or do the things we'd all rather do in ProTools.

So what I'm trying to figure out is if I will still be able to use my HD Driver, just as it is with no further updates, if I shift my yearly license to a Studio support and update package, but without installing the licenses or software that comes with Studio - even if I lose the use of the Avid plugins until I do the full Studio install.
You seem to be asking two questions confused as one.

Even if you can get a DigiLink interface to work as a CoreAudio device that would make the interface visible to other CoreAudio apps only.

Only Pro Tools Ultimate or HD can work with a Digilink interface, even if that interface is available via CoreAudio with other DAWs any non-Ultimate/non-HD version of Pro Tools will not let you use it. It has always been this way.

So if you are asking about CoreAudio... you are only asking for other DAWs. Which is what many other users including myself assumed that you were asking.

If you are asking about using the interface within Pro Tools that has nothing to do with CoreAudio, and no you can't do that with Pro Tools Studio, even if you get core audio working.

Sell this DigiLink stuff and get yourself a modern, open, CoreAudio interface. I highly recommend RME as a quality manufacturer with great engineering quality and support.