View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 12:38 PM

Default ProTools Tracks to Playlist and Synch Question

Hi! I'm new (first week) to protools and have the standard version. I didn't understand the playlist function prior to recording, so I clicked create new track for each of my takes and just muted/noinputed the other takes. I have 1 track where I did my vocals and guitar together (this is basically my reference track because I want to combine the video from that with my audio later. And then I have 4 guitar only tracks and 4 vocal tracks. After recording these and trying to figure out how to go through and pull out the best guitar and vocal parts, I realized, I should have made a playlist for the takes. Is there a way to take all of my seperate tracks and put them all on a playlist or would it be better to have 1 playlist for the guitar takes and 1 for the vocals? I was trying to figure this out last night and struggling. Also, my guitar and vocal takes are pretty close in synch to my video, but once I have a complete guitar+vocals track, what are some tips for synching those best with my video? I saw protools will let me import video, but like I said, I am new at this :) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Not sure that it matters, but I am recording through a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface, with a shure 58 dynamic mic plugged in. I am using the mic for all my recording (I am not plugging my guitar in even tough its a fender acoustic electric and could be because I wanted a more realistic guitar sound. I am using a PC and currently recording a cover of a song but next step is recording some of my own pieces I have written. Thanks!