View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Re: 192 interface upgrade? EXT clock unstable?

Quote:

I am getting the same problems as you trying to clock my single 192 digital I/O from my Cranesong HEDD wordclock out. This never used to be a problem in 6.9, but since upgrading to any version of 7 including the latest 7.1cs4, I have had countless timeout errors, unable to reacquire hardware errors, health check failed errors, spinning beachballs when I try to move a plugin or hardware insert to another track. Very frustrating... I don't think your problem is Big Ben or the 2nd 192 it's just to do with clocking externally in Protools 7... it's flakey!

Matt
I'm afraid it's worse than that, at least in my system BECAUSE I REMOVED THE BIG BEN and went back to Loop Sync for the two 192's in my system. So no external clocking. I worked for about an hour and then, while copying a plugin to a track that is assigned to the 2nd 192 I get:

The copied plugin could not be made active because a DAE error was encountered while trying to connect (error #-4)

I click OK and get:

A timeout occurred interacting with an audio interface

I click OK and then I QUIT Pro Tools. As the session is closing I get:

wmDspServer::disableTask
Error doing DSP function call
Hide Warnings Continue

I click Continue. Spinning Beach Ball until I give up and Force Quit.

This now happens at least 8 times a day. And it takes forever to get started again for having to repair permissions, run Cocktail or ONYX, Turn off all the interfaces and reboot everything. I'll call ProAxxes tomorrow and see if they can get me up and running. Oh and see if THEY KNOW ABOUT THE 192 firmware/revision thing and what I'm supposed to have in my system.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor