View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Audio Glitches with Midas Venice F32 and ProTools 10HD

So you've done some useful debugging sofar and confirmed the glitch is not in the waveform. But take this further... is the glitch coming from the DAW or from the playback monitors/speakers etc. Disconnect the monitors and listen on a headphone. (I don't know if the monitor section headphone on the F32 can monitor DAW outputs or not, check the documentation, you might need a seperate headphone amp, or try something else, anything else but the monitors and monitor signal chain you are using now.).

Possible causes for weird things like this is RF interference (GSM cell phones, with a characteristing GSM interference sound) or maybe clocking problems on playback. Completely power off and plusically disconnect as much stuff as you can, including removing all input cables, other cables etc. from the F32 while trying to get a clean playback. Double check it's not in the source signal by playing back something like a test sine wave. make sure the V32 is properly grounded, and as already mentioned check with headphones connected to it, and nothing else (just a Firewire and power cables).

I'm not sure why you suspected RAM would help this, we have no clue what's causing it. After you try all the above I might try a different Firewire cable, very unlikely to be that... but on rare occasions you see weird flakey stuff with Firewire cables.