View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Which 27” Computer Monitor/Display Are You Guys Using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
These are all lower resolution, not 4K. So what resolution do you want? In the 4K Class the LG is a clear winner. I want to get as much "real estate on a monitor" as I can. I actually run a 27" 5K LG Ultrasharp monitor next to a 15" MBP screen. That combo is nice as its very similar display pixel density (and are also P3 colorspace and calibrated for photoshop etc.).

MBP 15" display: 2880 x 1800 @ 220ppi
LG Ultrafine 27": 5120 x 2880 @ 218ppi

macOS by default will scale these high ppi displays (at least it does so for my 5K and laptop screen) so what you see does not actually look so small but it does look crisp. One of my best investments besides that 5K monitor was getting proper eyeglasses for working with the computer. I'm comfortably sitting back a few feet (if you wear reading glasses like me definitely ask your optometrist about proper eyeglasses for working at a computer).
Awesome, thanks so much. Looks like LG is the way to go. Also looks like Amazon has em for $450 at the moment, assuming this is the one you guys mean: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l9fDSJ53YyoLpR