View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 01:35 AM

Default Re: loading reference track into ProTools session

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Pretty sure the Soundflower is Mac-only and the OP is on a PC. Routing audio into your Pro Tools interface is a good option, but it may take some adapters to make it work(I am not aware of any internal routing option to get internet audio directly into Pro Tools on a PC). Full details on the setup will help.

Beyond that, what is the end goal? Do you need the entire video plus audio, or just the audio(which will be easier). Youtube tries to make it difficult to download(which is why routing audio and recording is often the best solution). But keep a few things in mind here:
1-youtube audio quality can be not so great, so it might not be a great reference(but still might serve your needs).
2-if you can get a digital signal from the computer, it will sound much better than the analog signal from the headphone jack(my PC has an optical SPDIF output).

Hi Albee 1952 - many thanks for your kind reply, which, alas, is a bit (as in light-years) beyond my tech understanding. I'm going to try initially anyway to simply convert to WAV and try importing that - the sound quality in this instance is secondary - merely to give me a good guide as to the final mix of my own material which is similar to the song I'm trying to import.
Thanks again for your help.
johnny