View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 03:20 AM

Default Re: First steps with MTRX Studio

Hello,

And sorry to hijack this thread but I am getting desperate. I have MTRX Studio and was having phase issues when parallel processing thru Hardware Inserts on playback. So I did the reverse polarity test (see pic) - just white noise from output 1 back to input 1, no external processing and I just havenīt been able to sum to zero.

I did multiple loopback tests and entered the values to I/O-HW Insert Delay
Followed up on : https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tings-Digi-dly
-> tried both min. and 5 values in DADman (Digi dly) as I donīt have anything extra connected to the MTRX Studio.
I also tried quite a few nearby values in Protools to check if I could get the audio sum to zero fully. .. Also the values you provided, but without success.

I was in contact with Avid Customer Care and they told me to set the DADman Digi dly value to min. + the information I had already tried as well as the "Avid’s HD series of IO’s will compensate for our Avid IO converter latencies (HD-IO, HD OMNI, and older 192’s), but not for external gear. You would still need to add values in IO set up to compensate for the latency introduced by external gear. Please note that this compensation does not exist with the MTRX series of hardware since it was developed by a 3rd party and is Avid branded (not developed by Avid)." I tried writing them back to give me a checklist what to do for the most basic setup - havenīt had a reply in over a week.

Iīm really at pickle here, do I really need revert back to AVID HD I/O? or is there something in DADman that Iīm not getting?-)

I do get full reverse polarity if I render the audio with "commit up to this insert" and remove the HW Insert from path. Or if I bounce the whole mix. This just makes the mixing process / playback really annoying when having a lot of outboard hardware.

Thank you for your time,
Jonne
(iMacPro/10.14.6./HD Native/PT Ultimate 2020.9.)

Edit - added link to pic : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sgG...ew?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Sure, that's pretty simple.

When:
I want to patch in my Distressor to use as an analog hardware insert to perform some parallel compression on a drum bus.

How:
Access Setup > IO and find the tab called H/W Insert Delay. The values are in msecs. Before you get here you are going to need to PATCH first in the Con section of DADman:

Here's an example of patching in a simple piece of analog outboard gear on channel x:
AD -> patched to DigiLink 1 on channel x
DigiLink 1 -> patched to DA for the same channel

Then find that channel number in the H/W Insert Delay window. The propagation delays are discussed in the manual - so following should work for you:

44.1 kHz = 1.29 ms
48.0 kHz = 1.17 ms
88.2 kHz = .64 ms
96 kHz = .58 ms
176.4 kHz = .28 ms
192 kHz = .25 ms

Jeff

Last edited by Jonne; 09-09-2020 at 03:42 AM.