View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Random and out of control mutes in PT 11.1.2?

You mentioned nothing else in the system has changed, which in this case with a major OS upgrade you probably want to say EVERYTHING in my system has been updated.

So if nothing else has change then you need to go back to square one with all plug ins and apps and MAKE sure you have the correct and OS compatible versions for EVERYTHING.

UNless ou started on OS 10.9 already then I'm not sure what to say.

Either way I would remove all 3rd party plug ins and see whats up... Maybe thats what it is... MOST often thats a contributing factor to various isuess.

Saying it worked fine before isn't REALLY a good justification Unless you of course are the programmer of both said plug and said system and KNOW for sure what you changed is perfectly fine.. but since most likely that is NOT the case then, lets try and figure out if its a plug in incompatibility causing the issue for you.

If you can recall all the steps you took to do the install that would be cool.

Like DID you do a complete uninstall of pro tools then install the update?

Did you remove / trash preferences/Databases, DAE and the various trouble shooting things that everyone recommends we do?

Probably more questions will be posted from other members as well as we all try and track this problem down.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.