View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM

Default Trident Audio S20 Dual Mic Preamp MBox2

When I can afford the latest version of PT I will - for now I am on version 8 - purchased a patch bay. I use MBox2 - Universal Audio Preamp for vox - Trident Audio S20 Dual Mic Preamp - to record two tracks seperatly of acoustic D18 Martin.

Sent MBox to back of patch bay (two rows 1/4" both sides) and placed the output of the Uiversal Audio in the rear also. Patched them with 1/4" line - great - clear.

Did same with Trident Audio S20 Dual Mic Preamp (and under any combo - it is terrible. Have set MBox and gain on preamp to zero and started working my way up - differnt combos and nothing.......... noise or there is nothing going to headphones. Switch back to MBox2 and Universal Audio - same type of wiring - perfect.

Tonight I will plug Trident directly into MBox 2 and see what happens but it was working perfectly before I built the new studio desk and purchased the patch bay. Space limitations - I can't get behind it after I push it up to wall.
I have mic into Universal and two in Trident A/B so that is a constant.

Yamaha Keyboard seems to also work fine.

Beating my head against my desk here. What could I be doing wrong. Out of Trident - into patch bay - patch to MBox2 - it sould be fine if Universal is wired the same way right?

There was no manual with Trident (new). All it has a dual abilty - A/B side with gain and low end filter out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!