View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Default Re: White noise bursts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile View Post
Hey! I have the exact same problem on PT LE 8.0.4 in Win 7 64bits using an Mbox 3 Mini...

So it worked for you or didn't???

Please, if someone knows how to solve this noise, please tell me!

Everytime it happens, I have to close and open the session and it goes better...
Sorry to say this, but no, it didn't work! I still have the white noise bursts (and also that crap error message "raise the asio buffer size or disable some rtas plugins" even when the cpu rtas usage is as low as 5% and near zero disk usage)! My solution was to return to my good old Cubase LE4.

I thought that the 8.0.4 update had solved the white noise issue for "full versions" of Protools...have you tried the 8.0.4cs2 update? It's available here: http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=378391

8.0.4cs2 doesn't specify anything about white noise issues but maybe it will solve your problem (i advice you to backup everything and create a system restore point before you install the cs update...sometimes these updates mess up with your system)...

Also, you should post in LE forum...you will have more chances of getting help there
I hope you can solve your problem.