View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Hardware delay comp ahead lynx

Quote:
h/w comp set to 0.00ms at 44.1Khz sample rate I have 71 samples of PRElatency (is that a word?).

If I turn off delay compensation it's 4131 samples Regular latency (so, a difference of 4202 samples).

The calculation on the bottom of the track in mix window is 2154 and I'm at 1024 buffer rate.
Ugh my head hurts. Edit: after measuring 2022.4 at 96 kHz with my interface and seeing it so accurate I might have overestimated what Pro Tools was doing. I've made more measuemntrs since then and will post a more complete wtite up. But in the meantime it would be great if you could measure the actual RTL with the RTL Utility I mention below.

And I'm not sure exactly what is happening here but I still want you to exclude or not if Lynx is reporting wrong latencies and compare those to what Pro Tools hardware insert delay it's applying.

Lets make this easier/do it a different way. Download the RTL Utility app from Oblique audio here: https://oblique-audio.com/rtl-utility.php. It is easy to use you loopback two interface ports with a direct cable and tell it what output and inputs you have connected then you run the test. It tells you both what RTL latency it measures and also what latency it calculates based on what the driver is reporting.

Edit: We'll see if the driver reported values affect this for you or not but if Pro Tools does only internal calculations of latency and does not read the driver reported latency then how can it get it so wrong for you?

Just run the RTL Utility test at a few sample rates and buffer sizes, including specifically whatever settings you have been using.

The "Measured" and "Reported" (i.e. calculated by RTL Utility from what the driver reports) RTL numbers that RTL Utility produce should be close, like exact or within a few samples.

<edit: comments deleted>

Can you share your test/measurement session?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-19-2022 at 11:15 PM.