View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Hardware delay comp ahead lynx

Thanks for taking the time to make that detailed reply. I'll do my best to answer each section.

The session is clean and has no data in it. No plugins.

I never have ignore errors checked.

I have had no real issues in the past with the old lynx aurora. It always just worked. There were times when I could hear it flamming and I'd restart the computer and it went away.

With the h/w comp set to 0.00ms at 44.1Khz sample rate I have 71 samples of PRElatency (is that a word?). If I turn off delay compensation it's 4131 samples Regular latency (so, a difference of 4202 samples). The calculation on the bottom of the track in mix window is 2154 and I'm at 1024 buffer rate. I'm not sure if these numbers add up. I'm honestly not following 100% in this section, but those are the numbers I have.

I've been talking to Lynx and they seem to be quite surprised/confused. They've basically had me do the normal trash prefs, update drivers, software etc...which was already updated. They now want me to test it in another DAW to make sure it's an AVID issue...which let's be honest....it probably is an avid issue...

The lynx driver is indeed the same for the TB3 card and the PCIe (AES16) caards. I'm assuming they aren't going to update the reported latency if I'm on of like 5 people with this issue.

I can get the H/W insert to line up by putting a positive 71 sample value into the +/- on the bottom of the track, but this is horrible. If I make the insert inactive (in order to bypass) it keeps the 71 samples of compensation and plays back out of time. This is a real problem for parallel processing. Basically, I'd need to make a duplicate of whatever track or bus I have the hardware on and have one with and without the insert and its proper delay and then toggle between muting them. This is NOT how I want to work.

Honestly, I've been in Pro Tools 17 years now. I've made my living with this software exclusively for the last 5 years. I'm very close to bailing on AVID. In all my years with this software I don't think there has ever been a setup that just worked without doing workarounds. I just spent 30k updating the studio with a new interface, summing amp, monitor controller, outboard gear...and I am mixing my current project ITB because of this.

Sorry to vent/rant, but you are correct. AVID needs to clean up this mess.

Neil