View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Scuffham Amps S-Gear

I often learn a lot from reading threads on the DUC .
I feel happy and sad that I saw this thread ....,

Happy ....,

Because I learnt about Scuffham X-Gear which I'd never heard of before..., So I downloaded the trial version , and withing half an hour of playing through the presets I stoked enough that I made the purchase.

Sad ....,

because I had previously invested so much time and cash in Amplitube 3 with all its extra packs etc, that after using the Scuffham X-Gear I'm thinking my Ampitube 3 may now just gather cobwebs

The sounds in the Scuffham just seem to openly breath so much more , and the harmonics and tone , and nuances in velocity of your playing are just so much more apparent in the X-Gear than what can be achieved with Amplitube. Even without tweaking many of the presets the sound was great , and I especially love the blues and country settings in many of those presets that had me grinning.

My Amplitube may still get used occasionally for a few amps here and there, but itll likely just get used now in pro tools for a few odd stomp boxes here and there -which Amplitube has a great deal of and X-Gear does not.