View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Access Violation! error pop-up message

Now that you mention it, I've been getting Access Violation messages more frequently since cs4, as well. I got them occasionally before, but they are more frequent lately. For me, they don't hang the program, but I do always quit and relaunch because, AFAIK, it indicates a problem with access to the drive, and there's no point continuing to work unless you're sure it's being written to the drive. Continuing to work in a potentially unstablized program is just asking for trouble.

I happen to use a USB-2 connected disk for PT sessions -- not recommended, I know, but it's a long story as to why, and suffice to say it has worked plenty well enough for going on a year now, 32 tracks at once with dense edits even. Anyway, I've been chalking up the Access Violations to USB, but if it's happening on firewire drives, too, then it may well be a coding problem.

Interesting that it seems related to plug-ins for you. I don't have any of the Waves stuff or much else fancy except the SRC and Synchronic. The only IK stuff I have is the ignition pack set. I'll try and notice if any particular plug-ins are in use when the error occurs.

What specifically do you mean by "unload any of four supplied plug-ins from track insert"? What is a "supplied" plug-in, and what does it mean to unload four of them? Four of the same kind from different tracks?

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB