View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 06:11 AM

Default AAF vs EdiLoad and conforming from rushes

I'm thinking about getting EdiLoad to start doing dialogue builds from EDLs rather than trying to get working AAFs with all the production sound metadata still intact.

I would say that on 90% of jobs I have issues with AAF turnovers and often quite a bit of back and forth to get what I need from picture departments and I still don't always get AAFs that have all the scene / take / channel name metadata intact in the production sound.

So my questions are:

Is getting an EDL which works in EdiLoad easy?

Do you have to be very specific with what you request or will any EDL that contains all location audio tracks work? (I know about the 4 track limit in EDLs so am anticipating having to ask for more than one EDL.)

Does it still work when dealing with production sound that has had some or all of its metadata damaged or stripped? E.G. when projects come through Premiere.

I also really like the look of the scene change and picture cut tracks features in EdiLoad, would love to get that task automated, especially for feature work. Would be good to know if that's a reliable feature and if it requires any specific requests when asking for EDLs.

Thanks for your help!

michaelfbates.com

imdb.com/name/nm4876413