View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Further X-Curve discussion

Quote:

dr.sound replies:
Hell, why don't we mix it on a black and white TV with a mono speaker? Why dosen't the Picture Editor cut his show on a 6" black and white portabe TV? Are you telling me you can tell what shows are mixed with an "X Curve"? BS!!
No, I am not saying I can tell what shows were mixed with or without X-Curve! Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion from my post, and I certainly don't appreciate the attitude of your response. There seems to be a bit of a virus going around the DUC lately - a holier than thou, I know everything, bow before me, shut up and listen to what I have to say - well that's just pathetic. I think it was my mother who once told me, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Geez!!

My question was - why mix a TV show in a theatrical room that is destined for the home. A studio in Hollywood that I mix at is booked every week to mix a big cop TV show. That room only has theatrical speakers, and I know for a fact that they do not bring in near-fields to do the show, because I've been present during one of the mixes. My curiosity and desire to learn and understand more about my profession is what prompted me to ask the question, as it directly relates to my current situation - I have a mix to do that is destined for the home, yet I have a great theatrical room at my disposal.

Anyone with a valuable response, feel free to chime in.