View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Driver issues in Pro Tools 10

You have to set the sample rate in the Scarlett software to whatever you want your session to be, BEFORE you open Pro Tools. Unfortunately there's no workaround for this, it's just the way Tools works with 3rd Party interfaces.

I'm not sure what the Scarlett equivalent is, but I use a Saffire 56 and have to set the sample rate of the device in Saffire Mix Control BEFORE opening a session. It's still a little buggy at times but FS are working on that as best they can.

Oh and BTW, make sure you have the VERY LATEST drivers from Focusrite's website as well. Don't use the drivers on the CD It comes with, they are 9 times out of 10 completely out of date.

Focusrite also has a Beta website where you can get the latest beta drivers and see if you have any luck. The 'Asio Device Has Changed Properties' error used to be very frequent with Saffire interfaces until Mix Control Beta 3.

www.focusrite.com <public drivers
beta.focusrite.com <beta drivers

Hope this helps you get started!

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7