View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Mac Pro 2010 + Pro Tools Flex + Pro Tools HD Native PCIe + Apogee Symphony MK1

What problem are you really trying to solve?

What is stopping you manually setting insert latency comp for what you are doing? What latency are you measuring though the insert and entering in the IO>Latency?

You are going to do all this, add a DigiLink interfaces to your Symphony interfaces etc. Add ongoing cost to Pro Tools licensing just for this? And then maybe cut yourself off from other interesting interface development/options? I just would not do it (unless I needed the DigiLink IO for other reasons, if I had a ton of Avid boxes laying around... sure).

Yes Avid could do a lot better job in the insert latency UI. It sucks, whenever at Avid is responsible for that mess clearly sucks. But it should be usable.

It took me only a few minutes I just calibrated the insert latency of an RME Fireface UFX+ interface here. 5.33ms @ 96 kHz @ 512 sample IO buffer. Accurate to within a sample or so. Validated with inactivating the HW insert. And by doing a quick phase cancel test.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 1.51.34 PM.jpg (30.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-09-2022 at 02:37 PM.