View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Really frustrating problem.

Thanks guys.

Chris I will check that out.

arche3 when you say to copy all files to a new disc and replace the drive…… I guess I’m trying to differentiate between disc and drive. Do you mean to copy all the sessions on my external dedicated audio recording drive…….to a new or different hard drive and toss that drive because it’s file system is corrupted?

I suppose I could test this by trying the same process on a different external drive.

I must say…….I have been buying drives from Best Buy…….those Western Digital My Passport drives or whatever…..this one a 4T. I have had issues with these WD drives with other stuff, not audio recording…. photo and video storage. Once I barely managed to get all my photo and video files off a drive onto another because I’d open that drive and it would show my folders but often indicating no content in them. I think you might be right here. It appears similar in nature.

I’m now thinking these drives are crap. I also think they are 5400RPM but they do not list the speed.

If your suggestion works I’ll cough the extra $’s and try to find a really good quality 7200RPM drive. Perhaps even an external SSD.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)