View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Anyone Using Kontakt With Pro Tools?

I use Kontakt everyday and I beleive its an excellent sampler. I cant explain teh strange behaviour you seem to be getting although that is what happens if there is a problem with Direct Connect. Make sure you have the proper stream manager and the latest Direct Connect plug.

The only thing not good is the slight latency inherent with all Direct Connect plugs. I also use it via the EBS TDM bridge in Logic (so it rund like a vST) and its so much smoother.

Once you get in to the sampler its a very powerful toll in your arsenal. Some others in this board are talking about the Motu sampler and how wonderful its going to be???. How can they when no one has heard it. Kontakt is by far the best option for an ex Giga user. IMO, I cant understand why folks still use Giga, there really are better options out there (Like Kontakt). I couldnt be bothered having a second sampler in another computer.

Kontakt has just been updated with the Direct disk streaming which is totally cool and was a very welcomed and much needed addition.

You cant go wrong with Kontakt and the 4gb sounds supplied are pretty decent allround.

Dont be put off by the strange behaviour you get just now. That is not the norm. Kontakt and Pro tools runs very smoothly together.