View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Problem with sustain pedal still persists on PT 8.0.3

Fixxer49 !
The MIDI protocol bugs need to be fixed within PT software first, in order to allow sustain pedal 64 messages to register properly, without dropping MIDI notes ring during recording.
It is a major software problem, and honestly : Digidesign in my opinion is fully aware of this.
I think that the problem is so deep and complex, that fixing it would prompt the whole MIDI protocol in PT to be re-written in binary form from scratch ( at least in some areas that cause the problem to occur).
What I understand also is, that Digi can not admit, that such serious bug is a part of existing software protocol, because that is a serious marketing issue. Instead they offer "temporary fixes" suggestions. Well, I still hope that the scientists within Digi division of Avid will get together, and work it out for 8.1 release ( or 8.2 if it's too complex to fix quickly).
PT 8.0.3 MIDI capabilities are awesome, compared to what PT started with back in the late 90's. After the sustain pedal issue is finally fixed ( I believe that it will be at some point), and certain features added ( we all know what needs to be added) PT MIDI software will be in the same league along with Logic, DP, Cubase and the like.
Than one day perhaps the whole entire DUC will be just dedicated to indulging ourselves, and raving about how wonderful DAW environment we all have to work with in PT.
But before it happens... Digi ! Fix the d..n sustain pedal !!!!