Thread: NEW Avid SYNC X
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:32 AM

Default Re: NEW Avid SYNC X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hello,

You can change the pull up/down settings in the bottom right corner of the Session Setup window.

Regarding behavior with Logic, what was the Logic project sample rate? And what was the clock source and sample rate for Sync X? Was the CLOCK REF indicator on the front of Sync X solid green? If there was a sample rate mismatch between Logic and Sync X, then Sync X may have remained locked but Logic would play back at the wrong speed/pitch.

Hi,
I can’t find the pull-up/down settings in the bottom right corner. I’m on 20.3.0.170, Catalina and a 7.1 Mac Pro. The bottom right corner is blank.
In Logic, pulled up an old music vid at 48K if my previous session in Protools was matching at 48k the session plays back fine with green clock not on and 48k displayed on the sync x. However if the previous Protools session was in 44.1, 96, etc., Logic would clock to that previous setting. Not a big deal because we sync Protools to Logic in the real world anyway due to old templates and scoring needs with VEP.
One disturbing thing is with the serial cable attached to the first HDX card all 3 cards now operate in fan high speed mode. Everything was upgraded properly to my knowledge, but will check firmware and run digi test again.
Would also by nice to implement the software to run session time code on the sync x front panel if just doing audio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk