View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Anyone using the Clavia Ddrum4 Brain?

Yep, I used to have a Ddrum 4 set up....I couldn't ever get the brain to play just certain midi note numbers...It wanted to play all the "nuances" so using it to trigger other modules never did work out...If you can't find any brush samples you like off of clavia's download site, Your pretty much out of luck unless you can figure out how their compression scheme works to be able to make your own....I opted to sell that kit and bought a Ddrum 2 setup with an Alesis DM5 (for triggering purposes only) for much less money....The module midi's into my Fantom S-88 and mainly I use the Dynamic Drums and some off the Studio SRX expansion cards for sounds....Sometimes I midi into Gigastudio if it's something really particular I'm looking for...This setup gives unlimited possibilties and no compression scheme or midi note numbers flying all over the place to worry about...Oh...I like the sound better too.....