View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Pro Tools M-Powered/iMac Intel Core 2 Duo

Hihi.

I got my new 24-inch iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (2 gigs of RAM, 2.16 GHz) a couple weeks ago, and I waited patiently for the appropriate upgrades and drivers so I could install my M-Audio Firewire 410. The drivers were released. I installed the interface. And then I installed my version of Pro-Tools M-Powered 7. And then I upgraded to Pro-Tools M-Powered 7.1.1cs1 (the latest version for Intel Macs as far as I can tell).

Since installing all the goods, my fancy new computer has been running like it's towing a piano (ie. very slow). I opened a new session and imported some audio to track and it took a good five minutes, and then it wouldn't play anyways. I shut down. And then tried again. Same thing.

Then I tried running iTunes, and it was running slow too. And then I gave up cuz I had some other things to do. But I still wanted to be able to listen to music. So I wanted to switch the computer's audio output back to the internal speakers. And when I opened System Preferences > Sound, it froze and I had to Force Quit System Preferences. Can you believe that?

Anyhoo... I'm a new Mac user. A new Pro Tools user. And all that newbie stuff. I hope I either a) just set something up wrong and it can be easily fixed, or that b) there will be an upgrade for Pro Tools M-Powered for Intel Core 2 Duo iMacs very very soon and that installing that will make everything run smooth as butta.

Any guidance you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
ty