View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Persistent 9073 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
Don't record to the HDD.

There is no need for an external or second "session drive" despite the continued advice from Avid. This advice is from a bygone era when people used spinning disks.

Use the fast internal SSD for everything. OS, applications, VIs, audio. Everything.
If you want to make a backup when you've finished the session, copy it to the HDD at that point.

Dominic
+1. Record to your SSD. You can partition your SSD to have an 'Audio' partition. I use a 2 TB SSD that has 3 partitions. System, Audio and VST. Yes, all my VST's reside on a different partition from the system. That way, my system partition remains lean. Not that it matters much with an SSD, but I don't want my system partition growing too 'fat'.

With that plan, backing up the system is a breeze. i use the Audio partition for work in progress and transfer sessions that I'm not currently working on to an HDD.