View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Default best sampler for windows TDM systems

just hoping to inspire some dialogue on good samplers being used out there, i'm looking to further stabalize my environment and want to get away from sampletank 2. i love the interface and simplicity of sampletank but it has been getting buggy with PTHD 7.X... didn't have these problems with earlier versions of PTHD, but so be it. really getting tired of the quirks and lost production time. the stock sounds have always sucked with ST2 but i don't use many of them--i have a vast library i use with the interface only, looking for something i can load akai sets etc. into hassle free.

i recently did a project at another studio with giga studio and was pretty blown away! although it's a hog of a program (it would be back to square one in terms of workflow for awhile...), i'd be willing to put in the time if i knew for sure it was more stable than sampletank or others. GS3 can apparently be used in PT seamlessly via rewire, is anyone out there using it who can give me the lowdown on its stability in a PT7.X environment on windows?

also pretty interested in the new GVI RTAS version of gigasampler from tascam--is it just as good as the full blown GS3? assuming not but would appreciate any feedback on that one too--might meet my needs...

also interested in hearing about ANY other sampler i can integrate seamlessly into protools that is STABLE, RELATIVELY SIMPLE, and SOUNDS GOOD! bombs away....