View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 01:05 PM

Default Re: First steps with MTRX Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp View Post
Wow, that's funny because I also found it difficult to locate when the MTRX and other interfaces are located on their product page. Also, it seems nobody knows how to attach a link into a post so it's posted below (I find it interesting how in a previous thread people were saying that specs are no big deal......Lol)

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFil...uide_5.4.1.pdf
I apologize for not including a link. I should have and it didn't occur to me, for some reason.

To me, the wording in the manual is a bit confusing. On page 19, is the "Gain" happening in the digital domain? Or is it changing the output headroom in the analog domain, after the DAC? Does the 6 dB setting just change the range that the fader operates? The fader seems like it is adding digital gain before the DAC and that "unity" would be with the fader at 0. Is that the case? A block diagram would actually be really helpful in understanding the signal flow inside the DADMan software.

Thank you Jan for being here and answering questions, it is much appreciated! I'm a newbie in regards to DADMan software and have never had a MTRX or MTRX Studio in my possession. But, I'm am definitely considering one for an upcoming build.