View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM

Default Re: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocklip View Post
Hi there,

I recently purchased a Roland Duo-Capture EX with the intention to use it in combination with Pro Tools 10 on Windows 8.

When I start up Pro Tools, and choose the Duo-Capture EX as the playback engine, I receive an error stating: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program." No other programs are running in the background and I am using the latest Win8 drivers which I downloaded from Roland's support web page.

I've tested the Duo-capture as default sound card in windows control panel and it seems to work fine, which means that it is Window 8 compatible. So, I'm led to believe that the issue must be with Pro-Tools.

So maybe first, the question: Is Duo-Capture EX compatible with Pro-Tools 10? The guy in the shop said that it is but now I'm having some doubts...

If it is compatible, then I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully you kind people can help find a solution.
Hi,

When you go to the playback engine settings, is the duo assigned as the audio interface? (Audio engine)

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.