View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:55 AM

Default 003 spdif rosetta 200 connection issue!

cant record and receive digital data via spdif from rosetta 200 to
003 factory please help!

here is my signal chain protools 9 the bold is where i am having issue

neuman u87mic>mic input of focusrite liquid channel where it is converted to digital(mandatory)>AES output(only digital out option) from liquid channel into rosetta 200 aes input>spdif out rosetta into spdif in on 003 factory into protools>spdif out 003 into spdif in rosetta 200>convert signal to analogue and send out analog outs of rosetta 200 to central station>to monitors

i want to send aes to digital outs(via spdif out) and send SPDIF to my analog outs to my central station the spdif in and out are connected to my 003 factory running protools 9. i held in the sample rate button and made sure optical output format was changed from s/mux to s/pdif
i cannot get R200 to send its digital outs through spdif into 003 factory and send spdif input from 003 factory to analog outs

session at 44.1 hz, the liquid channel the rosetta 200 and the 003 factory are all clocked to the big ben. under hardware setup i have the 003 clocked to word clock.

here is a more detailed signal chain. protools 9
neuman u87mic>mic input of focusrite liquid channel where it is converted to digital(mandatory)>AES output(only digital out option) from liquid channel into rosetta 200 aes input>spdif coaxial cable out on rosetta via spdif out on back of hardware(sp coax is sent to my digital out on front via button) into spdif in on 003 factory back of hardware into protools daw>spdif out 003 hardware into spdif in rosetta 200 back of hardware>convert signal to analogue and send out analog outs of rosetta 200(sp coax to analog outs button on front of rosetta) to central station>to monitors

in protools
under setup>hardware> under the 003 its gives you your optical setting. when i put this on adat it allows me to record (gets an input signal when i chose spdif on a track input)and i get a signal into protools but receive no signal out of the spdif 003 into the rosetta 200(the rosetta gets a no signal from the 003 coaxial cable) to send to the rosettas analog outs. when i put the protools 003 optical setting on S/PDIF rosetta gets a signal via spdif sent to analog outs on rosetta and i can hear a track on my speakers from rosettas analog outputs but i cannot record or get data or a signal into protools from spdif input selection on a track(no data is received to record).
basically when the optical setting under hardware is on adat i can get data into the 003/protools but not out of the 003 into the rosetta to send to the rosettas analog outs. when its on spdif i can get signal data out of protools/003 and into the rosetta but no signal into 003/protools from rosettas digital outs. in both cirumstances both interfaces are slaved to the big ben

so i know both pathways are good i just cant get them to work simultainiously

i just need a way to get protools/003 track to receive input spdif data signal from the rosetta and get protools/003 to output via spdif too..so i can hear an entire mix and also record vocals. is it possible. also i have the focusrite liquid channel which i need to send a digital signal from into this system. i figure ill use aes out of liquid into the aes input on rosetta 200 and send into protools via spdif into 003

thank you so much in advance

Last edited by bigpapajk; 10-24-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: better info