View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Default Audio Hard Drive fails when PT launches!

Hello,

apologies for posting a second problem in just a few days. Possibly just my 3rd overall in the eight year sof using pro tools, so i should maybe consider myself lucky.

I just had my pc fixed/reformatted, and managed to get a day's use of PT. Today though, every time I opened it, my audio hard drive failed! It's completely usable up to the point PT starts, then it's unusable on or off PT. I restart and it's working fine again til using pro tools. I am extremely confused. It's the same system I had before it failed on me last week, so nothing new has been added. Plus I did get one day's use, so it doesn't appear to be an usolvable intrinsic problem, right?

I should possibly add that the sata cables were loose when i got the pc back, but i still don't know if that's relevant since i can use the drive in non-PT needs (plus the operating system drive is fine). But maybe PT use may put more pressure than just listening to music from the drive thus pushing a potentially loose cable?

The errors displayed have been three: delayed write e (PT drive):/m$t (as a windowns alert), DAE 9060 and disk failed! the symptom is always the same)

I use 6.4cs9, on XP, Athlon 3200, 1GB ram. not running antivirus or anything else, but again let me stress that i had a problem free system for years, so it must possibly relate to the pc repair (which still has the paradox of working fine for a day afterwards)

Sorry for the long mail:)

Once again would be grateful for some help, 10 days of of PT celibacy has been arduous enough:)