View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Help me decide what to upgrade (first)...

Ploch,
I've gotta disagree with you about mixing in Pro Tools for film. I'm in the middle of a huge movie on 2 HD3's with 2 Control 24's. On my side of the console( Dialog/Music) has about 70 tracks and the Sound Effects/ Foley side has 124 tracks. THE SYSTEM ROCKS !!! There is no way in hell I'd mix that on a Yamaha with it's poor resolution faders. Not a chance. Remember this is an "OLD SCHOOL MIXER" talking. I'm not grabbing faders to keep them going and I'm able to get into and out of any section smoothly so I don't know what your experience is with Pro tools is, but mine is of complete satisfaction! I love it!! Having mixed on Multi Million Dollar Film Consoles, I'm happier than ever with Pro Tools.I had high hopes when the DM2000 came out but when looking closer and talking with the Yamaha reps at AES it sure seemed to be a bit of a dissapointment considering the cost (about 350% more than a street price of a Control 24). As for staying on the faders, you can volume graph an area that is from a start of a scene to another and the faders stay right where you want them. Or you can write your Predub automation into a...., never mind.
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.