View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 08:53 PM

Default Help me decide what to upgrade (first)...

help me decide what to upgrade (first)..lots of pro guys opinions here...
Hi folks!

This shall sound dumb but as I have been thinking of making an upgrade and budget is limited, here are the options:

Go from current rig: 02R V2 44k/48k with 3 CD8At slots + PT 5.1.1 Mix Plus TDM /OS 9.2/MAC G4 800 + 2 Adat bridges + Sebatron VM2000pVU + lots of nice authorized plugs to:

a) PT HD1 + 96 I/o, keeping one Adat Bridge 24 bits of my rig and Sebatron ;

or

b) Yamaha 02R 96k + 2 16MY cards so as to have 32in/outs for in line PT Mix 5.1.1 TDM session mixes with the board.(also keeping the Sebatron)

Below, a collection of lots of pro guys advices..

> going with a digital board again is dumb, since it will be obsolete sooner than you can imagine; so, you should invest in front end like the Sebatron 200VU, Focusrite pre, etc;

> the new 02r has really nice pres and compressors so why spend in outboard;

> 02R automation sucks, PT automation is faster and stays within the session backups data;

> Pt HD is far superior than 02R 96k;

> 02R 96k is a nice controller for PT with plenty bonuses like 4 reverbs, channels, etc;

> Nobody cares about o2R´s nowadays, PT HD is the word;

> PT HD will be obsoleted next year. New, more powerful cards are coming. Save money and go outboard analog;

> Go with the board, your sound will improve, bull to 96k, expensive bak;

> Hey, why go PT hd, pay for all the upgrades again, lose nice plugs like Lexicon, Master X 5;

so... please, gimme your opinions about it!LOL

Thanks for the attention!

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.