View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: DV Toolkit 2 Newbie Questions - Working With Video

Not sure what your question is. Can you explain your problem, and maybe I can help.

Any samplerate can be used with any fps, so matching audio to the fps is not a problem. However I recommend you work either with 48 khz or 96 khz since your mix will probably end up 16 bit 48 khz on tape. This will work fine with DV-Pal and H.264 (what is the third?)

The framerate of a videofile can be played at different speeds. The standard framerate or fps is 25 frames per second on European TV. (The PAL standard) 24 fps is the standard for 35mm film for Cinema.
The states have lots of different framerate-standards which I'm glad I don't meet here in Norway. ;-)

Conversions between framerates is a complex thing and not something you do on the videofile you recieved from the editor without being sure of what your doing. Differences in framerates has caused a lot of headaches up through the history of postproduction.
It might seem fine on your system, but remember that you are only a part of the process.

DV Toolkit is a collection of add-ons for Protools. You get support for OMF and AAF, a timceode-ruler, 48 tracks and some plugins. You can also do some cutting and pasting of videofiles.