View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Advice On Mac OS update from 10.15.7 --- or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
Due to basically starting over anyhow I went ahead and installed Monterey, updated to 12.5, clean install and importing my 100Gb iTunes library to Music in order to make sure I got all my audio drivers working within the OS. That's an Antelope Audio Zen+ for the time being which is a TB2 device. Downloading all the PT 2022.7 stuff now and it's a bunch. If I run into any issues I'll report back. I'm on mid-2015 Retina MacBook Pro with i7/512Gb flash/16Gb ram, last compatible MacPro qualified for Monterey. I actually had been running Monterey on a small partition for email, surfing & such with no issues.
Thank you. I was on the same mid-2015 Retina for a long time too, and just did a fresh install of Monterey on it. That computer was retired a little while ago but I kept it, and long story short, it's not with me at the moment, but maybe when I get it back I'll put Big Sur or Monterey on it and see how it does with Pro Tools before I make a commitment to update the current recording computer's OS. Spent a week getting backups automated and learning a bunch I didn't know before about Macs, etc. To be continued whenever I make the switch