View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Apple MacBook Pro M1 Pro & M1 Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Only if you plan to trade up in a couple years. There's no such thing as too much RAM. If you don't use it all today, you will tomorrow, no matter how much it is. Max it out in the interest of future-proofing.
While I tend to agree with the notion of future proofing and buy as much machine as you can afford including RAM and so I got my iMac with maxed RAM
BUT -----
I think that is a different concept than recognizing "All RAM" is not equal or allow for the fact that a less amount, of more efficient RAM, may well give superior performance than possibly double the RAM from less efficient RAM.....
Which was my point about perhaps rethinking what is necessary to accomplish any given work flow. Specifically someone made comment that "64 GB of RAM was not enough to do serious orchestral scoring " And since I do not do that kind of workflow I don't know maybe it isn't..... But the question is ,,,,,is that assumption based on traditional RAM, if so then given the serious performance difference with unified RAM maybe it could be ???

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-22-2021 at 02:57 PM.