View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Atmos beds and scene boundaries

I also vote for Option 3:

Use your ears and not "norm" rules. A scene change can be a part of story telling. If you want a hard transition make it one. If soft is the way to go use that.

I never fade scene changes by some sort of "technical norm". Every sound behaves differently depeding on what you make the transition to. Some transitions sound hard and "slappy" even after you applied a 3 frame cross-fade others are fine with 1/4 frame transition. Sometimes I donīt fade at all if that is what sounds best.

As a side note itīs a shame that 12 years after killing AudioVision there is still no efficient way to do quick fades "centered at cut" across multiple tracks by entering a frame value. It still comes down to multiple mouse-selecting, clicking, re-selecting, adjusting back and forth.
Maybe Avid still has an AudioVision in the storage. They should really drag it out and show some of the features to todays designers of PT.
Thereīs still A LOT they can learn about a DAW for post from that machine.

Frank.