View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Strange PT crashing issues; please help!!

OK, this is a strange problem. It seems like my midi tracks are going corrupt! When I edit a particular parameter on a midi track, it sometimes--not always--causes crashing of PT. For example:

Real Guitar midi track: when I adjusted the velocity (and ONLY the velocity), the next time I tried to save, PT would crash during the save, without saving my changes. This was a hard one to figure out, because I was able to keep working without crashing--until I tried to save. I fixed this by copying the notes onto a new track and deleting the old; the new track worked fine.

Ivory midi track: Here the problem was with the sustain. When I tried to draw an adjustment to the sustain pedal, or even copy and paste, PT would crash immediately. This time I was unable to fix the issue by copying onto a new track. However... after creating a few duplicate playlists, the problem went away.

Kontakt 2 midi track: Well, I would have loved to blame Kontakt for the crashes, but this problem didn't occur until after the others. This time the problem was with the volume; any changes to that caused an immediate crash. Anyway, since it's now happened with 3 different soft synths, I don't think it's related to one of them specifically.

Can anyone advise? I'm stumped. I've trashed prefs, Digi databases, repaired permissions, all that stuff several times. I know I'm a few cs updates behind, but I've been working intensely for months and I am waiting to finish the projects before I do any updates. I've been working under the current configuration just fine all this time.

Thanks in advance!!
002 Rack