View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Love Carbon but registering sucks! SOLVED...KINDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Yes I read in Avid's documentation
and heard stated on several videos that you will have the choice to choose either the Bundled PT regular license which is 1 year (subscription) license but will revert to a perpetual at the end of the year if you do not re-subscribe, But if you do not re-subscribe, it will revert to a perpetual license at what ever update level it is at that time However as I understand it you will lose the Complete Plugin Bundle and the additional 3rd party plugins unless you buy them

Or you choose to keep both the bundled license and your current license
Or you can extend your current license PT Reg or Ultimate for 1 additional which is what I am going to do

I wonder if the 3rd party plugins are just built into the Bundled PT regular license so that they may not show separately from Bundled PT license in your Products Page like the Complete Plug in bundle does ??

yes I am sure they can sort it out.

BTW when I was downloading all my Products to go on my new iMac I had the same issue with Meoldyne Essential for like three or 4 tries it kept saying the serial number was in the wrong format then the next day I tried it again and it accepted it ???????????????

This is all very encouraging can't wait
OK I took your approach to try to ge get this thing registered, you know trying it on another day. IT WORKED, kinda.

It still told me that I did not have a current plan to extend, BUT I CLEARLY DO AND AM CURRENT as I have said before. There was no way to quit or back out of the registration to try to correct anything.

NOW I have two Carbons in My Products section. This first one with no SW and the second one with the correct serial number of the unit, AND all of the SW AND and new Pro Tools subscription which I did NOT want. As stated before I wanted to extend my current support plan.

At this point however, I'd be happy if they just get the registration straightened
out so no one else has issues. Using HEAT for 12 months, and the complete plugin package for 12 months ALMOST is a wash for me. I still would have rather my current support plan have been extended though.

I really do love this unit though. Well done Avid

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |