View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Universal Audio In Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
So, this fallacy of UAD2 not being enough or that the cards are old etc is just nonsense to me. I'm not sure how everyone else is mixing but, you guys must be using 700 plugins a mix or something like that.

JusMyOpinion, Marc

People don't call UAD underpowered because they want to run 700 plugins in mix. They call it underpowered because almost $5k of UAD DSP will only host 60 instances of API Vision Channel Strip, while my native CPU can literally handle 1000 instances.

And my computer only cost $1500! There are definitely benefits to UAD-2 DSP like tracking through plugins on the way into Pro Tools or Unison Preamps, but there really is no getting around the fact that economically, UAD-2 has the worst plugin-instance-per-dollar of any platform out there. And it isn't just worse by a little bit. It is worse by magnitudes.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.