View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Universal Audio In Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
The heaviest plugin was the Lexicon 480L taking up 16% on one chip of a quad.
Once I added another unit, that went down to 8%. Added another, that went down to 4% etc. Now I pull it up, and it only takes 1%.
I'm interested in how you can get it that low. I have a TB3 Satellite OCTO I bought only last year and I love the UAD 480L (for which there is no UADx version yet). However, when I add an instance (in DP 11.21) the 480L uses 58% of one of the SHARC processors. See the attached screen capture from a project where I opened just one stereo instance of UAD 480L. I would never need that many, but it means 8 would be the max on my OCTO.

I'm using a an M1 Max Mac Studio, 64GB/2TB, macOS 12.6.3 and my hardware buffer is set to 256, but I don't think that has any bearing on the percentage of the SHARC processor a plugin will reserve for itself, does it? Again, can't figure out how the same plug takes up so much less on your QUAD??? Also I just checked and Hitsville Chambers requires just over 80% of a SHARC processor.

I do like the UAD plugs a lot and I think the Satellite will be supported for a few more years at least and continue to work thereafter for a bit, so I'm actually of the mindset I may pick up another cheap if there is panic selling on CL, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 2.20.24 PM.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by James Steele; 02-17-2023 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Clarity and to fix typo