View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Interfaces considered a "step up" from the Avid I|O?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Lynx makes good stuff (and reliable though they run very warm.) However, the Aurora(n) series leaves much to be desired for the DA/AD. They're just not up there with the Symphony Mk2 cards or MTRX units or Merging.
Which is strange because they do have the Hilo. I'd say the HD I/O converters are better than Aurora(n).

My one sh*t-list company is Antelope. Never to be on any buy list. Terrible support, terrible management software of their hardware, terrible reliability. Their interest is only to sell you more things.
Oh lord... I wouldn't buy a mousepad from Antelope. They make such amazing hardware but lack the technical savvy to support it. It's a shame, really, but that's how it has been for many years and if things have improved I can't see it.

That the Aurora might be less than the Avid I|O is highly surprising to read. I'm not saying it's not true, but this is the first time amongst many reports that I've heard such a thing. Typically, it's the opposite. Just another reason to try one for myself.