View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Change Instrument

Hi Sam, thanks for your help on this forum. I'm wondering what you'll think of the problem I'm having:

I can't highlight both staves of a "piano" score to change instruments. actually, it's a marimba score in Sibelius, & it uses the proper playback sound on my mac; so I'm not sure why Scorch on my ipad changes the playback sound to piano to begin with, but the fact that I can't change the entire part to marimba is extremely annoying. I can change the individual staves, & this would be acceptable (although not as efficient, of course), however, when I change instruments to marimba in the "bass clef part" (in quotations since Scorch has a bug which changes the bass clef staff of a piano score to treble clef) it shifts the part up an octave! ugh.

Hope you guys can help, & thanks!!

EDIT:

Holy Hen. I just restarted Scorch on the ipad (this is NOT the first time I've restarted it tonight), & not only had my changes been saved but the score & part had a proper bass clef staff!! Totally confused now, since I haven't updated Scorch nor restarted the app or ipad since posting with the problem(s). I also didn't mention in my posts that Scorch crashed on me a BUNCH of times when I tried to open my score (it's a very small "score" - only one instrument - so I'd think the file size wouldn't be the issue), so this seems to be a glitchy evening for myself & Scorch... hope you guys can help me get to the bottom of these annoying little mysteries. Thanks for reading my drivel.

Last edited by ajp3; 12-13-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: important updates to original post