View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Default Re: OK, so how do things currently stand for the 'LE' crowd ?

Just went through these thoughts for M-Powered. After October 20, there's no other way to PT10 than paying the $499 (valid for both M-Powered and LE crossgrades). This is stated on AVIDs "Pro Tools 10 FAQ" page:

Q: If I just purchased Pro Tools 9 software or a system that came with Pro Tools 9, do I get a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 too?
A: Yes, it's possible. If you purchased a Pro Tools 9 product or upgrade within the time period stated below, you're eligible to receive a complimentary software upgrade:
- You purchased and registered new Pro Tools 9 software (full version) or a product bundled with Pro Tools 9, including the Mbox family or Eleven Rack, on or after October 1, 2011
- You purchased and registered a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade on or between October 1–20, 2011

The second "rule" mentions the October 1-20 time window regarding the Pro Tools 9 upgrades/crossgrades.

Luckily I have one more reason for complaining: As a EU citizen, I'll have to pay 427 Euros ~ $589 for the PT10 crossgrade in the AVID store. Not going to happen. Last chance for me is to sit and wait for spring and MP10. That is if AVID hasn't been sucked down in a black hole of bad management before that.