View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.4 Release

So I've had a (mostly) stable system running PT 2021.12. on a 2021 MBP M1 Max 64gb 2tb (via Rosetta 2 of course since Avid is going for dead last in Apple Silicon compatibility roll outs) Figured I'd install the update for the Clip FX alone... BIG MISTAKE. Now my virtual instruments ALL have a massive latency regardless of buffer/cache size (if they play at all). Constant freezes (that eventually wake back up) Audio drop outs. System usage is pegged at 100 PERCENT and fluctuating wildly even on modest sessions.

At first I thought maybe it was a faulty installation so I completely removed pro tools and any lingering remnants... rebooted... fresh install. SAME PROBLEMS!

So... back to 2021.12 we go. Dear Avid, you REALLY need to get your act together. There's a reason your user base is leaving en masse. I LOVE pro tools, I KNOW pro tools, I really don't want to learn something new just because Avid has decided Pro Tools isn't worthy of ACTUAL improvements...Charging us more and changing the name (yet again) is not a path to success.

This is really causing me to reevaluate my choices.