View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 05:26 PM

Default Re: How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12 to my new computer?

Thank you Darryl, I will look into Pro Tools Subscription, call Sweetwater as well, and look up the Focusrite website to make sure of compatibility and drivers.

I had a syncing issue in 2017 because we updated the OS on the old iMac, and my Project Mix IO would not work because it wouldn't sync with the new OS, so I had to buy the 18i20 in order to get everything synced up and working again with the old iMac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You can decide to move to a Pro Tools subscription or purchase a expired license renewal... the later is only available from Avid dealers not from Avid directly. e.g.

That would be something like https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan

But even better get on the phone and call a Sweetwater rep and make sure that is exactly what you need.

I do not follow why you are asking about "going off sync" there is no reason to think interface sync will work any different with later versions of Pro Tools. Were you having problems before? I just don't even understand why you are going there. You do need to make sure you have drivers for all third party interfaces on the macOS version your iMac is running... like the 18i20... make sure you install the correct drivers for the generation of 18i20 you have. And Forusite have good documentation and a compatibility checker on their website.