View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Which IP ports for AVID Control?

Thanks Eddie,

I have it setup that way. The iPad are on their own SSID and VLAN on the Ubiquity AP and land on the same VLAN that has the DAWs on them.

After hours of packet capture and Wireshark analysis I have now found that the data flows fine between the devices but the initial broadcast the AVID Control sends out is simply not seen by Eucon on the Mac if you have that subnet setup as a virtual interface tagged to that VLAN in system prefs on the Mac. The actual control data flows just fine once they are connected.
I've opened a support case but so far no body was able to tell me which TCP/UDP ports are used by these programs or if virtual interfaces should work.

Log story short, virtual interfaces sort of work but only if you initiate the connect over a physical port.

Unfortunately Dante DVS doesn't support virtual interfaces either so I have now changed everything so that Dante, Eucon flows on the same untagged VLAN. Not ideal as I wanted to keep Dante on a separate subnet but so far it has been working. Even though Eucon wants IGMP snooping turned off and Dante wants it on (as per the read-mes) . I have it on to avoid multicast overload on all network ports and it still all seems to work.

I can't isolate the iPads only for Eucon as I'm using other remote apps to control my monitor matrix. The latter seem to work fine even with virtual interfaces on the Mac.

It's a bit ironic that networking is to keep everything flowing across a single wire but then some protocols insist on living on their own on a dedicated physical network interface.

It took days to narrow this down but it seems to be stable now.

Thanks,

Frank.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 10-20-2020 at 02:35 AM.