View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools vs Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I have to agree with Andrei here. I have PT, Reaper and Reason. But I mainly use Reason for its rack instruments, not as a DAW, and Reaper I used mainly to host VSTs that didn't have AAX versions. Until Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork came along. Now, I barely open Reaper.

Having invested well over 12 years into PT, starting with PT 6.8, I see no advantage to going into a steep learning curve with some other DAW, even one as intuitive as Reaper. If I need Reaper for some special case, it sits nicely via Rewire with PT.

Now, for someone just starting out, Reaper is a good alternative to PT, but so are several other DAWs. However, there is a reason why PT remains the DAW of choice for most pro studios and applications.
I agree completely. My other daw is Digital Performer 9.02 (yeah I know there's a DP10) and the learning curve wasn't all that easy. Take for instance where PT has true instrument tracks that host vi's and MIDI DP's instrument tacks only host the vi. You still have to go old school and use separate MIDI and vi host tracks. And that's only one massive difference. Also you can't move blocks of MIDI around like you can in PT.

Yeah I have Reason but I too only use it for the vi's it has. Thor can do some things other synths only dream of.

In short if you want to work with other studios stay with PT.

QAPLA!