View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Mbox Not Updating with Current Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yep. https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart You will need to upgrade to a later version via a subscription or upgraded perpetual license. You should be able to get help from your Sweetwater rep to explain the options you have. You might want to consider the lower cost Pro Tools Artist subscription for example if you can upgrade your macOS to later versions than you have now... otherwise you need to upgrade your perpetual license to the current version and though that also get the ability to run older versions. A sales rep is the best place to talk this through.

In addition to upgrading macOS before checking if your interface or Pro Tools will work I'm also going to guess you upgraded macOS in-situ (i.e. did not do a full clean macOS install), I would not do that, Avid has recommended against in-situ updates in the past. Safer to do clean installs and reinstall Pro Tools, drivers and plugins etc. for major macOS upgrades.
thanks for you help again darryl, i am actually not sure what your saying at all as far as the way i upgraded my mac os. i just hit the update button from the app store, thats about all i can tell you lol. i will have to look into what your talking about so i can not make the same mistakes next time.

i will be contacting sweet water tomorrow to see what they can do for me. hopefully its not gonna cost that much. there's no way I'm getting a new computer though lol.