View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 05:33 PM

Default SC48 service nearby?

Hi all. I have a SC48 that's started to crash (again). Pretty sure it's an intermittent cable/connection somewhere as it started crashing a few years ago and seemed to be cured for a while after opening it up and reseating everything as well as I could without a complete tear down. But now it's back. When it crashed a couple of days ago, it put out a full gain scream that would probably have destroyed some drivers in the PA if it weren't for the excellent brick wall limiting of the XTA processor it drives. Doing a warm reboot and running diagnostics, it said one of the two DSP engines had failed. After a power down and a 2" drop of the front of the desk and power up, it came up fine and passed the diagnostics which seems to point to a bad connection.

Instead of doing a half ass reseat of everything myself, I'd like to take it into a service center and have them do a complete go through of all the cable/connecters/usual points of failure. I live a couple of hours from Daly City and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can actually drop this thing off at Avid? Someone on Facebook mentioned that their desks usually end up in Santa Clara, which is also in the S.F Bay Area, for service. I'm just hoping to not have to ship or drive this all the way to L.A. to Advanced Music Electronics who's the closest authorized service depot to me on the Avid service page.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Exclusively at the Miners Foundry

Last edited by Greg C; 01-05-2021 at 08:33 AM.