View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 AM

Default waveforms don\'t match the audio!

Hi friends,

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this so here it goes...

A friend of mine has been having an issue with waveforms not lining up with what is actually recorded - as in, what you see is not what you get! If he then consolidates the region or processes it with an Audiosuite plugin the waveforms are corrected. I updated his software to LE 7.4cs3 and went through all the recommended troubleshooting steps (trashing prefs, etc) but it didn't resolve it. Not sure if this applies directly to the problem, but "recompute invalid overviews" is selected in his preferences...

He's running PTLE 7.4cs3 on OSX 10.4.11 (PB G4 1.5gHz w/ 512MB ram) with a 002R and recording to an external FW400 HD (Lacie D2). He has "elastic audio" disabled - tracks are "sample" based, not "tick."

According to him (and the session) the problem doesn't happen consistently - some waveforms are correct while others aren't - for instance, when punching in on a vocal, sometimes the waveforms are accurate... other times they aren't. When I load his sessions onto my computer (PTHD 7.4cs2 on a G5) the waveforms are still incorrect. However, if I record into the faulty session, the waveforms are correct.

Is there something simple that we're overlooking?

Thanks for any thoughts you guys might have...